Nurturing yourself is essential to looking after your well being.
“An empty lantern provides no light. Self-care is the fuel that allows your light to shine brightly.” -Unknown
Self-care is any activity that we do, to take care of our mental, emotional, and physical health. It is a simple concept, in theory, but it is often neglect. Self-care is the mindful taking time to pay attention to you, in a way that ensures that you are being cared for by” you“. It is being as kind to yourself as you would be to others and knowing when your resources are running low and stepping back to replenish them, rather than letting them all drain away.
What is good self-care?
Good self-care is key to improved mood and reduced stress and anxiety. It involves integrating self-compassion into your life in a way that helps to prevent the possibility of a burnout. When practiced correctly, self-care has a long-term benefit for the mind, the body, or both. It is essential to a good relationship with our self and others. Self-care is important for building resilience toward the stress in life, that you cannot eliminate. When you take the steps to care of your mind & body, you will be ready to live your best life!
” being as kind to yourself as you would be to others”
What isn’t self-care?
It is not something that we force ourselves to do or something we do not enjoy doing.
Self-care isn’t a selfish act and it is not only about considering our needs; It is knowing what we need to do, to take care of ourselves, in order to be able to take care of others.
How to improve self-care?
- Sleep enough between 7 to 8 hours.
- Healthy eating, reduce intake of sugar and fat.
- Exercises at least for 20 minutes a day, a walk in nature will make the trick.
- Drink enough water and skip the alcohol.
- Socialize, make time for people who are important to you or meet you one.
- Meditation a clear mind we help you reach your goals and bring peace in your mind & body.
- Read a book, you did not have time to start or finish.