Benefits of Meditation
Studies showed the mind and body are connected. The brain has a lot of effect on your physical health. The way you think affects you, mentally & physically. The benefits of meditation are unlimited.
What is meditation?
Meditation practice is around for thousands of years. Originally, meditation meant to deepen the understanding of the sacred and mystical forces of life. Today, it used for relaxation and stress reduction.
Meditation produces a deep state of relaxation and a tranquil mind. When you meditate, you learn to be in the present moment, to be mindful. You know to take care of your brain is as important as taking care of your body. Meditation is peaceful; it clear your mind, helps you sleep and has a calming effect. Your mind and your body feel refresh and relax. Using music allows you to be in peace.
If you newly started with guided meditation, you listen to a voice who guides you during meditation. You have a ton of different kinds you can choose.
Two major styles of meditation
Focused-attention meditation- You Concentrate your attention on a single object, thought sound or visualization. It emphasizes ridding your mind of attention and distraction. Meditation may focus on breathing, a mantra or calming music.
Open-monitoring meditation– It encourages awareness of all aspects of your environment, train of thought and sense of self. It includes becoming aware of thoughts, feelings or impulses that you might usually try to suppress.
How to meditate?
You can practice meditation. It’s simple and inexpensive, and it doesn’t require any special equipment. It can take 10 minutes to 1 hour or more. You are in control of your need and want. You can do that anytime, morning, afternoon, or help you fall asleep at night.
- Find a quiet space where you are not disturbed. You can also use your bedroom and use your bed to lay down or your office and use a comfy chair for seating. Whatever you feel comfortable, at ease to relax.
- Set a time limit; Especially if you begin with meditation. It helps to choose a short time, such as 10 or 15 minutes.
- Notice your body; make sure you are stable and in a comfortable position.
- Feel your breath, follow the sensation of your breath as it goes in and out.
- Notice when your mind has wandered; your attention leaves the breath and wanders to other places. Notice and return your attention to the breath.
- Be kind to you. Don’t judge yourself over your thoughts; Just come back.
- Close with kindness, notice how your body, thoughts and emotions feel. Open your eyes gently.
It is a simple way to start meditation.
Benefits of meditation
Any condition which caused or worsened by stress, change with meditation.
With meditation, your health benefit by letting go of negative thoughts and encourage positive thinking. The effect decreases stress and anxiety and gives you a clearer mind.
A clear mind helps in making a better choice, and it has a positive impact on your overall well-being. The way you look at what is around you affects your physical and mental environment. The more you find peace, the better you feel.
The practice helps lower blood pressure and increase the immune system.
Health Benefits of meditation
- Reduces Stress- Meditation is the most common reason people start the practice to reduce stress. All styles of meditation minimize stress. It also reduces symptoms with stress-triggered medical conditions.
- Controls Anxiety- Less stress mean less anxiety. It is due to the benefits of meditative practice.
- Increased Immunity–Relaxation boosts immunity.
- Emotional Balance– Reduce stress, anxiety and unhealthy emotional states. It leads to improve self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Increased Fertility-Women conceive easier when they are relaxed rather than stressed. Stress reduces sperm count, suggesting relaxation boost male fertility.
- Relieves Irritable Bowel Syndrome-people suffering from irritable bowel syndrome began practising a relaxation meditation twice daily; their symptoms of bloating, diarrhea and constipation improved.
- Lowers Blood Pressure-Meditation lowered blood; the body is less responsive to stress hormones.
- Anti-Inflammatory-Stress leads to inflammation; it links to heart disease, arthritis, asthma and skin conditions such as psoriasis. Relaxation helps prevent and treat symptoms by suppressing the stress response.
- Calmness- Meditation brings a state of calm.
- Sleep-It eases your sleep as you relax; you have no problem falling asleep. Your mind is at peace.
- Lost weight-As your mind is calmer, it has an impact on your body. You find more natural to lose the pound you want, with exercises and healthy food to compliment.